Letters to Parents
Due to the current COVID-19 virus outbreak, Herts EPS have extended the Contactline service for 'quick queries'.
Please see this Link for more details.
Dear Parents and Guardians
At present there is uncertainty regarding trips and at this moment we are not issuing any refunds.
For any trips cancelled, we will have to obtain refunds from the travel company or compensation from insurance which will allow refunds to parents. We cannot provide confirmation of the amount of the refund until a claim is processed and reimbursement is received.
We will communicate with you as soon as we know what is happening or have any news or updates surrounding this.
Geography Fieldtrip, Grosvenor Hall, PGL, Blue Peris
Sports Tour, Ski Trip and Tokyo
Thank you for your patience at this difficult time. Rest assured that we are working tirelessly to resolve this situation and mitigate against any losses.
Thanks in anticipation of your support and understanding.
20 December 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians
Change to mobile devices policy
As you know we have recently been consulting on a proposed change to our mobile devices policy. These changes will come into effect from 7 January 2019. I would like to thank the 47 parents who contributed to the consultation process alongside the 8 members of staff, 14 Governors and 4 students and 4 registration groups. Having read and discussed all the points made, I have outlined below the policy we will be moving to from 7 January 2019.
Mobile devices policy from 7 January 2019
Key Stage 3 & 4
- Phones and other devices including fitness trackers, smart watches and headphones are not to be seen, heard or used on site until after 3.30pm or when you leave the building at the end of school to go home.
- If headphones are seen then the device they are connected to will also be confiscated.
- The site refers to all buildings, grounds, pathways, car parks and playground areas that form Longdean School.
- Post 16 students can use their devices in the study areas, library and canteen in lesson time. They can use them in lessons under the supervision of a teacher.
- In break and lunch times Post 16 use of devices is limited to their study areas only.
- The ban does not extend to staff but our policy reminds them of their obligations around mobile devices.
Longdean Highlighted in Best Practices Review
Over the summer holidays we received the exciting news that Longdean had been approached to appear in the annual Parliamentary Review of Education. This publication identifies schools who have undergone a period of transformation, resulting in sustained improvement over a number of years or who are engaged in leading and interesting initiatives. Longdean was approached because of our new building, innovative curriculum and strong examination results.
It is a real honour to be part of this publication and for Longdean School to be recognised in this way. I am delighted to be able to share the full article with you alongside a photo of me with Eddie Jones (England rugby head coach) who spoke at the launch event last week. If you have friends who are currently considering sending their child to Longdean, please do feel free to forward this to them so that they can find out more about the school.